A work in progress. I’m collecting an annual list of things I love to go to as a beer drinker. This list is of any beer brewing or drinking event I’m willing to drive to from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. This includes New Orleans, Lake Charles, Lafayette, Houston. Possibly even willing to drive out to Mississippi and Alabama but last I heard they were still living in prohibition times.
- New Beer’s Eve AKA National Brew Day – Also happens to be my birthday. Celebrate the end of prohibition.
- Louisiana Homebrew Clubs Brewing Competition – Held annually by The Dead Yeast club in Lafayette. A very fun day.
- Louisiana Beer Fest – The Lafayette addition which has a beer brewing competition.
- Big Brew Bash – Houston Texas by the KGB Brewers club.
- AHA Big Brew Day – May 5 Annually.
- American Craft Beer Week – Annually in May. Look for signs because the breweries, bars and restaurants put on specials.
- WYES New Orleans
- Gulf Brew in Lafayette – Put on annually by the Acadiana Center for the Arts at Lafayette’s Parc International.
- Louisiana Beer Festival – Baton Rouge Edition.
- International Brew Day – August 5th. Because we need another day to drink beer.
- Roberts Cove Germanfest
- Dixie Cup Houston – Worth going to Texas for the weekend. A very fun homebrew competition and mini-conference. Their website went AWOL so I link directly to The Foam Rangers page.
- Louisiana State Homebrew Competition – I link directly to Brewstock because they’re currently most in the know about this competition.